KBC COVID-19 updateMarch 15, 2020 10:52 pm
The situation around COVID-19 continues to get more serious, both here and around the world. Here are some updates for our KBC members to be aware of:
1. Ogopogo Masters and Open Tournament.
After careful consideration of the current situation in BC and various risk factors for this tournament, the Executive has sadly come to the conclusion that we must cancel this event. Doing so before the registration deadline hopefully makes it easier for participants to change plans. This was a painful decision, but one we felt was necessary under the current conditions.
2. Junior Programs.
Our junior programs will continue to run as long as the SD23 and the provincial health authorities keep public schools open. If or when it is no longer advisable for kids to be together in a classroom, we will suspend all of our junior programs accordingly. Juniors are being encouraged to wash hands before and after playing and stay home if they are sick. Handshakes and high-fives have been replaced by waves or air-fives. Parents who are uncomfortable with the level of risk involved should keep their children home.
3. Club Availability.
Currently the club remains open for our members to enjoy. This will continue as long as provincial health authorities and the City of Kelowna determine it is safe to do so. The COVID situation is quite fluid with changes occurring daily. We will follow the direction and expertise of those deciding the best course of action for all British Columbians.
At the club, common touch surfaces such as door handles are being regularly disinfected. We continue to ask all players to wash their hands frequently, stay home when sick, and use non-contact forms to show sportsmanship after games.
Categorised in: Uncategorized