I'm new in town or just in town for a visit and want to play while here, when can I drop in to play badminton and is there a drop in fee?
We know it can be hard to meet players when you’re new in town. From Sept to April, KBC runs a doubles ladder Tues nights 7:15–10:00 pm. It is a great way to meet people of the right skill level. A $2 drop-in fee for the ladder (which covers birds) is charged. Guests must pay a $5.00 Drop in fee to the club also.
If you are visiting Kelowna and want to drop in there is a $5 Adult $3 Junior drop-in fee. You will only be able to access the club when there are members there to let you in and stay while you play. Guests and Juniors cannot be in the club without an adult member in the building.
KBC also has several informal drop-in groups of various levels, contact an executive to discuss what days and time might be a good fit for you.
Does the club supply racquets and shuttles?
KBC has a limited supply of loaner racquets, but you must provide your own shuttles and non marking court shoes. To use a loader racquet, talk to a KBC executive. Most groups play with feather shuttles which are available for purchase at the club, if playing with your own group and choose to play with plastic these are also available for purchase.
Where can I buy equipment?
KBC sells Victor equipment on site and we can order both Black Knight and Yonex. You can contact any member of the executive or check the list in the lobby and upstairs for members that sell goods and they will be able to help.
If I become a member when can I play.
Full-time Adult Membership includes 24/7 access with a key card. There may be restrictions placed on a members card at any time the Executive deems it necessary for the good of the club. Please check the calendar for times and groups that are noted. Talk to any member of the Executive for assistance.
Can I loan out my key card to a friend so they can go play?
No there is absolutely no loaning out of your access card, this may result in the cancellation of your membership, as a member you must be with any guests you bring to the club and are responsible for their conduct.
Do you rent the club out for other events?
KBC is used strictly for badminton. KBC regularly hosts tournaments, coaching clinics, badminton summer camps, and school field trips. Members are welcome to make use of the facilities for personal enjoyment after playing.
What is the drop in policy for guests who wish to play at the Kelowna Badminton Club?
Adult drop-in is $5
Junior drop-in is $3
Players who are not members of the Kelowna Badminton Club (KBC) but who wish to play on a “drop in”
basis may do so following these steps:
- A member of KBC must sign the name of the guest(s) in the guest book in the lobby, including their own name.
- The KBC member must collect the drop in fee of $5.00 per guest ($3 per Junior,) prior to start of play, place the drop in fee(s) in an envelope with their name and the name of the guest(s) and the day and time and deposit the envelope in the drop in box to the left of the entrance to the courts.
- A KBC member must be present during the entirety of the guest’s visit.
- The guest must agree to, and the KBC member must ensure that, their guest(s) abide(s) by all the rules of the KBC, including but not limited to proper footwear and protective eyewear for juniors.
- Guests are encouraged to become members in order to experience all that KBC has to offer. To become a member. Visit the membership page for details.