The Kelowna Badminton Club (KBC) runs on an honour system; members are expected to be friendly and courteous to other players (members or guests). Members are expected to adhere to the following rules, and to ensure that guests and fellow members adhere to the following rules.
- COURT SHOES used only indoors must be worn in the court area. Any footwear worn outside is to be removed in the lobby or change rooms to limit sand and dirt on the courts. The court area includes the entire wooden floor, not just the courts. Dirt and debris from shoes worn outside can damage the wooden floors and may increase the risk of injury to players. There are donated court shoes in both the men’s and women’s locker rooms for people to borrow, if needed. BARE FEET or socked feet are not allowed on the courts.
- The members of the Kelowna Badminton Club (KBC) are expected to be friendly and courteous to other players, members and/or guests.
- COURT ETIQUETTE and acceptable attire.
- Members and guests are expected to wear proper badminton attire. Baseball caps are not allowed to be worn while playing badminton. Headbands may be worn to keep sweat out of one’s eyes. The KBC has headbands for sale.
- Members and guests are not to walk behind any court when play is in progress on that court. Members and guests may walk behind an active court between points when play has paused.
- Children under age 12 are to be supervised by a responsible member at all times.
- ENTRY CARDS are not to be loaned out to anyone, which includes family members. Entry Cards are for the exclusive use of the member. Members are to scan their entry card each and every time when entering the KBC building.
- COMMUNICABLE DISEASE POLICY, located on the KBC Website (www.kelownabadminton.ca), must be complied with by all members and their guests.
- GUEST FEES. Members are responsible to ensure that their guest(s) have been registered and paid the applicable guest fee PRIOR TO PLAY. A guest is permitted access to KBC building only when they are with a member. Guest fees are payable through the KBC Website at kelownabadminton.ca/kbc-guest-fee/.
- COURT BOOKINGS/RESERVATIONS. Members must comply with the Court Booking Policy on the KBC Website.
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN THE LOSS OF MEMBER PRIVILEGES.