Welcome Back Junior Athletes and Parents!
We are excited to start off this 2019-2020 badminton season! New programs, a new coaching team and more opportunity for game play makes the Kelowna Badminton Club a great place to get on court. Whether your goals are to improve strategy, improve your skills or just have some fun while playing one of the fastest sports in the world, we welcome you back.
Kelowna Badminton Club highly values our junior members: you are the future of the sport! Over the summer, we’ve been working hard to develop a junior program that responds to the needs of the juniors by increasing accessibility, structure, and FUN, while still maintaining high quality instruction.
And so, we are pleased to announce some exciting changes:
– Fees have been REDUCED for the junior program to roughly HALF of last year’s fees, enabling more kids to enjoy our sport
– Communication will be enhanced throughout the year, so everyone knows better what’s happening and what to expect
– Program Director Lyndsay Thomson has designed and will oversee the junior programming for the year to ensure quality and continuity in coaching and organization
– We are working on hosting a second Junior B tournament to provide our juniors greater opportunity for competitive play
– We will be reaching out to our community and schools to shine more light on accessibility to badminton
– We will launch an organized open junior time beginning in October so you can play more games and have a place to bring your friends to let them try out this great sport
Please see the attached poster for our new fees and training times. It’s going to be a great season!
Our goal is to make this new program as good as it can be for our young members, so we welcome your feedback and ideas. Please feel free to contact Lyndsay atPrograms@KelownaBadminton.ca for any program inquiries, concerns or ways that you can help make it more successful.
For the Adult members do not despair as we are actively working on changes to address your coaching needs. Stay tuned.
See you on the courts!
Mike Christian ( President@KelownaBadminton.ca )
Please see below for the Programs available!!!!